WONDERING WHAT BETH USES TO STUDY?
Word Study Bible, New International Version , AMG Publishers
The Complete Word Study - Old Testament compiled by Spiros Zodhiates
The Complete Word Study - New Testament compiled by Spiros Zodhiates
Holman Bible Dictionary
The Comparative Study Bible (4 versions of the Bible in one book)
Bible Explorer Premium 4.0 with Talking Strong's Greek and Hebrew Dictionary
- The Bible Knowledge Commentary of the Old and New Testament (Walvoord)
Multi-volume sets (one to several Books of the Bible per volume):
- Expositor's Bible Commentary: basic and reader friendly yet far more information than two set volumes
- Eerdmans' New International Commentary of the Old Testament (NICOT) and New International Commentary of the New Testament (NICNT): Excellent! Highly recommend for those who want to take a big leap into more scholarly commentary but still desire reader-friendly (and lay-person relevant) information.
- Broadman and Holman's New American Commentary: Excellent! Scholarly but reader friendly.
- Commentary on the New Testament by Lenski: Excellent but most comprehensive for those who have some basic familiarity with Greek.
- Word Biblical Commentary: Very in-depth and scholarly. Quotes a wide range of commentators that the reader won't always agree with but there are countless treasures in the midst of it. This set is too challenging for most beginners.